You will need:
2 cups pancake mix, prepared (pancake batter)
4-5 apples, peeled and sliced thinly
1 stick of butter
2 tbsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup pancake syrup
1/2 cup chopped pecans/walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size skillet, melt butter on medium-high heat. Be careful not to let the butter burn.
- When butter has melted, add sliced fruit to the pan. Let cook until fruit is soft, about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Pour apple/butter mixture evenly into two 8 or 9 inch cake pans. Spread apples around in each pan to ensure coverage (you should barely be able to see the bottom of the pan).
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp. of cinnamon evenly on each pancake mixture.
- Pour 1/8 cup pancake syrup evenly on each pancake mixture.
- (Optional) Sprinkle 1/4 cup nuts evenly on each pancake mixture.
- Pour half of prepared pancake batter evenly on each pancake mixture. You may need to take a spoon or spatula to spread batter evenly (you should not see the apple mixture).
- Bake pancakes in preheated oven until done, about 20 - 25 minutes. The pancake top should be lightly browned.
- Remove pancake pans from the oven carefully. Place a plate over each pan and flip pan topside.
- Carefully lift the hot pan, leaving pancake pie on the plate.
- Slice the pancake pie like a pizza or as desired and enjoy!