You will need:
1 tbsp. salt
4 tsp. sugar (not shown)
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. ground allspice
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 whole chickens
1/4 stick butter or 2 tbsp. oil
1 large onion, diced
8 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix salt, sugar, cloves, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon well.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub chicken with butter or baste with oil. Be sure to get under the chicken skin.
- Rub chicken with spice mixture. Be sure to get under the chicken skin.
- Stuff each chicken cavity with half chopped onion and half minced garlic.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan with rack. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Cook chicken in oven for 2 hours or until done.