Who am I?

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Wife and mother of 6, lover of God, life, family, good food, good friends and good times!

10.22.2010

What's Your Flavor French Toast

I had a taste for french toast for this Saturday's breakfast so I added Texas Toast to the grocery list.  Lucky for me, it was on sale 2 for $3!  I love to make french toast with Texas Toast because the bread is so thick and filling.  I wanted a different taste than my normal cinnamon french toast so I did a little something different.  I recently purchased a couple of different flavors of coffee creamer and I decided to play around with it in the french toast egg mixture.  For this recipe, I used Vanilla Nut flavored cream.  I also had White Chocolate Mudslide cream on standby.  I will try that or Butter Pecan next.  If you love flavored cream as much as I do (it's about the only way I'll drink coffee), you should have a lot of choices to play around with.  This recipe was a hit with my hubby and the kids!  No syrup was needed!

You will need:


6 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup liquid, flavored coffee cream
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1/4 stick butter
18 slices Texas Toast
pecans (optional)

  1. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, cream, milk and cinnamon. Mix well.
  2. Heat a griddle over medium low heat on the stove.  Butter the griddle
  3. Dunk bread slices in egg mixture.  Be sure to cover both sides thoroughly.
  4. Cook slices on griddle until golden brown on each side.  Make sure the griddle is always well-buttered.
  5. (Optional) With remaining butter, saute pecans.
  6. Serve french toast warm with syrup and/or pecans.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment