I had a taste for french toast for this Saturday's breakfast so I added Texas Toast to the grocery list. Lucky for me, it was on sale 2 for $3! I love to make french toast with Texas Toast because the bread is so thick and filling. I wanted a different taste than my normal cinnamon french toast so I did a little something different. I recently purchased a couple of different flavors of coffee creamer and I decided to play around with it in the french toast egg mixture. For this recipe, I used Vanilla Nut flavored cream. I also had White Chocolate Mudslide cream on standby. I will try that or Butter Pecan next. If you love flavored cream as much as I do (it's about the only way I'll drink coffee), you should have a lot of choices to play around with. This recipe was a hit with my hubby and the kids! No syrup was needed!
You will need:
6 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup liquid, flavored coffee cream
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1/4 stick butter
18 slices Texas Toast
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, cream, milk and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Heat a griddle over medium low heat on the stove. Butter the griddle
- Dunk bread slices in egg mixture. Be sure to cover both sides thoroughly.
- Cook slices on griddle until golden brown on each side. Make sure the griddle is always well-buttered.
- (Optional) With remaining butter, saute pecans.
- Serve french toast warm with syrup and/or pecans. Enjoy!