Who am I?

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Wife and mother of 6, lover of God, life, family, good food, good friends and good times!

11.10.2010

Oatmeal Cookie Breakfast Bake

I saw this recipe online recently and it seemed so simple, I just had to make it.  I had the rare occasion of the hubby being away for a week and I had planned to have a nice, warm breakfast ready for the kids (and myself) every morning since I rarely have the chance to commune with them during the mornings of a work week.  Well I know that was a run-on sentence but I had to get it out!  This ended up tasting sooo good, I've made it every day of the week thus far.  And I had BIG plans for breakfast variety this week let me tell ya!  Oh well...when it ain't broke, don't fix it!  I call this Oatmeal Cookie Bake because it has the combination of the crunchy yet soft and chewy goodness of a lightly sweetened oatmeal cookie fresh out of the oven.  Serve this warm with milk and you will be very pleased (oh and so will the kiddies)!



You will need:

3 cups oat (quick cooking or old fashioned)
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 heaping tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs, beaten lightly
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients (oats, sugar, baking powder, cimmaon and salt).  Blend well.
  3. In a separate bowl, stir together wet ingredients (eggs, milk, butter).
  4. Mix wet mixture with dry mixture and blend well.
  5. Pour combined mixture in a greased 9x9 pan.  Spread evenly.
  6. Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes.
  7. Serve warm over milk or sprinkle with nuts or fruit (optional).

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm giving this a try - got it in the oven baking now. Had to substitute with white sugar and almond milk. Let's see if it's a hit..thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome. I hope you enjoy it. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete