Who am I?

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Wife and mother of 6, lover of God, life, family, good food, good friends and good times!

11.12.2010

Banana-Oat-Nut Muffins

For a person that doesn't like bananas, I sure use them in a lot of baked goods, huh?  The truth is I can't remember in my adult life if I've ever eaten a plain banana.  I know I have eaten them as a kid, but somewhere along the line something happened and I never touched them again.  I do, however, love banana flavor!  So stuff like banana nut bread, banana pancakes, and even strawberry-banana yogurt is sooo yummy to me!  Anyway, I had some bananas that were ready to go bad this week and I was too bored with banana nut bread to make that again.  So I searched for a quick breakfast item I could make with them.  I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and the only tweak I made was adding walnuts.  If you don't like nuts, it is delicious as is!  My only wish is that I had doubled the recipe because now they are all gone!  Enjoy!


You will need:



1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup old fashioned or quick oats
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten 
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 bananas, mashed 
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt).  Mix well.
  3. In another bowl, combine wet ingredients (egg, milk, oil, vanilla, bananas).  Mix well.
  4. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir just until moistened.
  5. Fold in walnuts.
  6. Pour mixture into a buttered or lined 12-cup muffin pan distributing evenly.
  7. Bake for 20 minutes or until top is browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment