You will need:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup old fashioned or quick oats
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 bananas, mashed
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt). Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine wet ingredients (egg, milk, oil, vanilla, bananas). Mix well.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour mixture into a buttered or lined 12-cup muffin pan distributing evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top is browned.