Who am I?

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Wife and mother of 6, lover of God, life, family, good food, good friends and good times!

12.03.2010

CurMustHonSoy Chicken

So you're probably thinking what in the heck is "CurMustHonSoy".  When I was in high school, I would develop acronyms for certain things I needed to remember for tests and quizzes.  I carried this memorization method into adulthood and use it for just about everything I need to commit to memory.  One of my favorite chicken recipes in one of my earlier posts, honeybaked chicken, I remember as "CANC" because that's the acronym for the spices used in the rub (cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cloves).  So, I named this recipe CurMustHonSoy to remember the easy-peasy ingredients to this scrumptious dish!  I l-l-l-l-looooove curry and it is a staple in my spice cabinet.  This recipe combines curry flavor with the sweetness of honey, sour of soy and tanginess of mustard.  It is almost a sin that it is so good yet soooo easy.  Enjoy!



You will need:
1 c. honey
2/3 c. honey mustard
2 tbsp curry powder (heaping)
1/2 c. soy sauce
10 - 12 chicken breasts (thawed or frozen)

  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.  Stir until well blended.
  3. Place chicken in a large ziploc bag or bowl.  Pour mixture over chicken to coat.
  4. Cover bowl or close bag and let chicken marinate in sauce overnight.
  5. Place chicken in pan and pour remaining sauce over the chicken.
  6. Cover pan with foil and bake chicken for 45 minutes.
  7. Uncover chicken and baste with sauce.  Cook for an additional 15 minutes uncovered.

1 comment:

  1. I tried this last night. Made the a whole chicken instead of breasts in the crockpot...it was Divine....the combination of curry, spicy mustard, sweet honey and soy sauce. I added a dab of mango chutney on the side and it was mmmmm....mmmm....good! My family only left me a quarter of the breat. The entire bird gone...I guess they truly enjoyed this chicken delight!

    ReplyDelete