You will need:
1 1/2 large onions, cut into 1 in. pieces
2 green/bell peppers, cut into 1 in. pieces
2 tbsp. canola oil
2-1lb. packs turkey polska kielbasa sausage
1-20 oz. can pineapple tidbits
1 cup apricot preserves
2 tbsp. cider vinegar
2 tbsp. soy sauce
4 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. ginger
2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil. Saute sausage, peppers and onions in oil on medium-high heat until vegetables are tender and sausage is lightly browned (about 10 minutes).
- Drain pineapple tidbits and reserve juice (about 1/2 cup).
- In a small bowl, combine apricot preserves, vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, ginger and pineapple juice. Mix well.
- Add preserve mixture to the skillet and stir until mixed throughout. Boil mixture until sauce has thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Serve hot over brown rice.