You will need:
6 lbs. chicken breast, cut in 1/2" - 1" thick pieces
1 large sweet onion, diced
2 cups mushrooms, sliced (or diced)
3 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of onion soup
1/3 cup water or chicken broth (not shown)
2 tbsp. garlic, minced (not shown)
2 cups sour cream
- In a 5 or 6 quart crockpot, add 1/2 of chicken pieces to slow cooker.
- Layer 1/2 of diced onions and mushrooms on top of chicken. Repeat layers with remaining chicken, then onions and mushrooms.
- Mix soup, water (or broth) and garlic. Add to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3 1/2 hours or low for 7 1/2 hours.
- Add sour cream and cook for additional 1/2 hour.
- Serve hot over noodles or rice.