You will need:
1/2 cup red curry paste
2-13 oz. cans coconut milk (one regular, one light)
2 tbsp. oil
5-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips (@ 4 inches long)
5 tbsp. fish sauce
4 tbsp. chili paste
4 tbsp. sugar
1-8oz. can bamboo shoots, drained
1 green pepper, julienned
1 large onion, julienned
1-20 oz. can pineapple chunks
- In a bowl whisk together curry paste and both cans of coconut milk until well blended.
- In a wok or large pan, heat oil and cook chicken just until center is no longer pink.
- Add curry mixture to wok/pan and bring to a boil.
- Add fish sauce, chili paste and sugar to mixture and stir until well blended. Let simmer 3 minutes.
- Add bamboo shoots, green pepper, onion and pineapple. Let simmer 7 minutes.
- Add cornstarch 1 tablespoon at a time until sauce has reached its desired thickness (I like it pretty thick).
- Serve hot over jasmine rice.