You will need:
5-6 lbs. beef roast (I prefer 2- 2.5 to 3 lb. beef chuck roast)
1 tbsp. seasoned salt
1 tbsp. pepper
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 cup flour
2 tbsp. oil
2-11 oz. cans cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
1 cup brandy
1/2 cup beef broth
3 potatoes, quartered (optional)
4 carrots, sliced (optional)
- Using a fork or meat tenderizer, puncture or beat roast on both sides generously.
- In a pan big enough to fit one roast, heat oil on high.
- In a plate or bowl, sprinkle all seasonings on roast (add more or less seasoning if desired).
- Dredge roast in flour on both sides.
- Add roast to pan and sear just until browned on both sides.
- In a small bowl, add soup, soup mix, brandy and beef broth. Stir until well blended.
- Place roast in slow/pressure cooker.
- If using slow cooker, top roast with potatoes and carrots (optional).
- Add soup mixture to the slow cooker, cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 6 hours.
- If using a pressure cooker, add potatoes and carrots to the pot only after cooking roast at steady pressure for 25 minutes. Allow pressure cooker to cool, add potatoes and carrots, cover and bring to full pressure again cooking for an additional 7 to 10 minutes.