You will need:
6 pineapple rings
One overripe banana, mashed
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 tbsp cinnamon
3 tbs. rum (I used coconut rum)
1/3 cup pineapple juice (from canned pineapples)
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place pineapple slices into buttered 9 inch spring form cake pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, then add sugar, pineapple juice, banana, rum and cinnamon. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Simmer for 2 minutes while stirring. Then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl or a mixer, sift flour, sugar and baking soda.
- Add eggs, one at a time, whisking after each egg.
- Add sour cream to the mixture.
- Add half the butter/sugar/banana/pineapple mixture into the batter and stir until well blended.
- Pour batter into cake pan over pineapples.
- Bake in oven for about 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Poke holes in cake with fork then remove outer ring of cake pan.
- Flip cake onto plate and remove bottom of cake pan.
- Poke holes into top of cake with fork (even through the pineapples).
- Pour remaining butter/sugar/banana/pineapple mixture over the cake while it's slightly warm.
- Serve warm. (If there are any leftovers, store cake in the fridge and reheat in the microwave for 40 seconds before serving.)