Who am I?

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Wife and mother of 6, lover of God, life, family, good food, good friends and good times!

6.28.2012

Garlic Roasted Asparagus & Mushrooms

Ok, so my first and second trimesters were consumed with an addiction to brussels sprouts.  My third trimester, however, took a strange turn of events.  My sister introduced me to a roasted veggie mix that included squash, broccoli, and garlic among other things.  It was scrumptious!  I decided I would try it with asparagus instead of broccoli the next time.  I found asparagus at a heck of a good deal at Costco's...plus they had baby portobello mushrooms...YUMMM!!!  When I finally decided to cook again (hey, I'm pregnant and, as you can tell from the recipe posting negligence lately, I'm too tired to cook), I was way too exhausted to even think about cutting all those fresh veggies again.  So I decided to keep it simple.  I fell in love with the result which turned out super simple - fresh garlic, asparagus and mushrooms.  My hubby said it was restaurant quality.  Even the kids love it (well, my 4 year old semi-loves it).  You MUST give it a try!


You will need:
5 pounds asparagus, cut in 2.5" pieces
2.5 pounds chopped mushrooms (chunks are better)
5 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1.5 tbsp kosher salt

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. In a large pan, add all vegetables.
  3. Pour olive oil over the vegetables, spreading evenly.
  4. Pour salt over vegetables, spreading evenly.
  5. Toss vegetables with salt and oil to cover evenly.
  6. Roast in oven for 30-40 minutes.
  7. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment