Who am I?

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Wife and mother of 6, lover of God, life, family, good food, good friends and good times!

10.10.2010

Bacon, Cheese & Mushroom Frittata

I had the most phenomenal blue cheese, spinach and bacon frittata at a nice brunch spot yesterday.  My husband killed my leftovers so that inspired (actually forced) me to create my own frittata for my family this morning.  Some of my kids aren't fans of blue cheese so I decided to choose another cheese.  A frittata is the same thing as an omelette, only it is baked so feel free to get creative with the ingredients.  I keep Hormel precooked bacon on hand to make quick bacon bits - it is just so good when it is fresh.  I also like a deep dish frittata so I used a 9x9 inch pan.  A 9 inch cake or deep dish pie pan will work well too.  To make a healthier version of this dish, use egg whites.  Here's my yummy creation:





You will need:

10 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
3 tbsps. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
9 strips cooked bacon, chopped (or 1 cup real bacon bits)
1 bunch of green onions, chopped (about 3/4 cups)
3 whole mushrooms, chopped (about 3/4 cups)
1 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese or Cheddar cheese blend

  1. In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk, butter, salt and pepper.
  2. Pour egg mixture into a lightly greased baking pan (I use butter spray).
  3. Sprinkle bacon, green onions and mushrooms evenly over mixture in the pan.
  4. Sprinkle cheese evenly over mixture in the pan.
  5. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment