You will need:
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
4 tsps. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 over-ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs, beaten
4 cups buttermilk
1/3 cup cooking oil
1 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the dry ingredients together (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt).
- In another bowl, combine and stir wet ingredients (beaten eggs, bananas, buttermilk, cooking oil).
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir until moistened (batter will be slightly lumpy).
- Fold in chopped nuts. Mix with the batter but do not overstir.
- On a lightly buttered griddle, pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake. For larger pancakes (about 25 servings), pour 1/3 cup batter per pancake.
- Cook pancake batter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Turn/flip pancake when the first side is slightly bubbly and edges appear dry.
- Cook other pancake side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.