Who am I?

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Wife and mother of 6, lover of God, life, family, good food, good friends and good times!

1.29.2011

Chicken for Two or Twenty

I am not much of a chicken breast fan.  It is usually too bland or too dry for my taste.  Over the years, however, I had to learn a few good, quick, chicken breast recipes because it's my husband's favorite part of the chicken.  This dish is succulent, juicy and very flavorful.  What's great is it is one of those fast, no-brainer dishes.  When you've made it once, you'll remember how to do it again without looking back at the recipe.  You can use crumbled turkey bacon in this recipe, but real bacon really gives it that kick!  I've made it several times while entertaining dinner guests and it's always a pleaser.


You will need:

8 chicken breasts
2 tbsp canola oil
5 tbsp teriyaki sauce
5 tbsp ranch dressing (I use garlic or 3-cheese ranch dressing)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup bacon, crumbled (I use Oscar Mayer real bacon bits)
1 cup green onion, chopped


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large skillet, heat oil on high.
  3. Brown chicken breasts in skillet for about 5 minutes on both sides.
  4. Place chicken in pan. 
  5. Brush/baste chicken with teriyaki sauce, then ranch dressing on both sides.
  6. Top chicken with cheddar cheese, then bacon bits, then green onion.
  7. Bake chicken uncovered in oven for 25 minutes or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment